Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Taiwanese Shaved Ice with Fruits

Taiwanese Shaved Ice with Fruits

It’s scorching hot in the United States now and the weather map is seeing RED and ORANGE all across the continent!

In hot weather like this, I turn to shaved ice to cool down my body and quench my thirst. Here is the Taiwanese shaved ice with fresh fruits recipe in my cookbook “Easy Chinese Recipes.”

In recent years, shaved ice has certainly gained popularity here, with many Chinese, Taiwanese dessert shops sprouting up all over Chinatown or Asian suburbs. You don’t have to live in one of those ares to enjoy this refreshing, cooling, and soothing desserts. I really love this simple shaved ice recipe: icy cold, flavored with syrup and topped with an assortment of fruits you like. It is excellent for blistering hot summer days.

I don’t have a shave ice machine but a regular blender will do even though the texture is not as fine. If you have a shaver by all means use it so the texture is snowy and fine. Add more and a variety of different toppings as you wish: fruits, red bean, boba…the more the merrier.

Have a great weekend!

(Click Page 2 for the Taiwanese Shaved Ice with Fruits Recipe)

Pages: 1 2

Ice Kacang/ABC (Malaysian Shaved Ice)

Other than BBQ, my summer favorite has got to be shaved ice—a thirst quencher and lovely dessert for the hot summer days. Shaved ice is very popular in Malaysia; called Ice Kacang (in Penang) or simply ABC elsewhere in Malaysia, it’s a popular dessert commonly sold by street vendors. In a hot and humid country like Malaysia, nothing beats the…

Taiwanese Scallion Oil Noodles (????)

Living in Southern California, in the city of Irvine where lots of Taiwanese expatriates congregate, I’m spoiled by the many great Taiwanese restaurants and eateries. One of my favorite things to eat during the weekend is Taiwanese-style breakfast/brunch where simple fare such as soy bean milk, fried you tiao (Chinese crullers), scallion pancake, and noodles are served. Taiwanese food is…

Taiwanese-style Clams (?????)

I haven’t been traveling for a while, well, not since my trips to China and Malaysia last June and Hawaii in last August. I miss traveling a lot, mostly, I miss eating local foods and exploring local cooking styles. It’s amazing to me that even with the same ingredients, different places have their own signature ways of preparing the ingredients….

Pumpkin Rice Noodles

This pumpkin noodles with minced pork is one of my favorite noodle recipes. I love to order this at my favorite Taiwanese noodle house. The pumpkin rice noodles oozes the sweet taste of pumpkin which adds a nice texture and color to the dish. This is a quite and easy recipe that is both tasty and filling. With Halloween just…


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment