Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Lemongrass and Sriracha Grilled Shrimp

Lemongrass Grilled ShrimpLemongrass Grilled Shrimp pictures (1 of 5)

How’s your summer so far? I hope everyone has been busy firing out your grill, having endless pool parties, and more importantly, having a blast with your friends and family.

If you’re looking for new barbeque recipes and ideas, I wish to tempt you with my upcoming Asian-style BBQ recipes. Let’s start with this mouthwatering lemongrass grilled shrimp, spiced with Sriracha, and marinated with fish sauce, garlic, and jazzed up with a chili-calamansi (or lime) dipping sauce. Sounds so good already, right? But wait, my next two posts are Thai Chicken satay with peanut sauce and lobster roll!

Lemongrass Grilled Shrimp

This Vietnamese-style lemongrass grilled shrimp is extremely easy to make, but the taste is so amazing that you won’t believe they take less than 30 minutes to make. The highlight of the recipe is lemongrass—which imparts the distinct aroma and unique flavor to the grilled shrimp skewers. The fish sauce and garlic marinade further enhance the briny sweet taste of the fresh shrimp, and the spicy Sriracha lends that extra kick that everyone has grown to love.

Mr. Rasa Malaysia (who is unfortunately allergic to shrimp) kept saying “smell so good” as I eagerly removed the lemongrass grilled shrimp from my new grill. My friend gave me some fresh calamansi and I squeezed a little lit of the juice on the shrimp before serving….heavenly. You simply can’t go wrong with this lemongrass and Sriracha grilled shrimp recipe; I can say that very few grilled shrimp recipes tops this one.

(Click Page 2 for the Lemomgrass Grilled Shrimp Recipe)

Pages: 1 2

Lemongrass Shrimp

I am lucky that I live in Orange County because I can pretty much get all the ingredients I want at the many ethnic food stores here. Whenever I want to cook Chinese, there is 99 Ranch Market. When I am in the mood for Japanese food, I go to Mitsuwa or Marukai. And when I need ingredients for Malaysian,…

Grilled Shrimp with Green Papaya and Mango Salad

When a Michelin-trained private chef writes about food, you know it’s gotta be good and that’s exactly what Zen Chef at Zen Can Cook (previously known as Chefs Gone Wild) delivers–a food blog choked full of scrumptious dishes that rival the finest and best restaurants around. Zen is always wacky, hilarious, and I admire his cooking and wicked writing style (read…

Banh Mi with Lemongrass Pork

I miss the breakfast breads in Vietnam during my travels, specifically Vietnamese-style baguettes (bánh mì). Here in the States, whenever I need my bánh mì fix, it’s a fifteen minutes drive to Little Saigon. Most of the time, there’s a line, so it takes even longer to get my fix. That’s why I decided to make it at home. Bánh…

Cambodian Lemongrass Shrimp

During my childbirth confinement, I missed eating seafood so much, especially my favorite shrimp. So, there was no surprise that as soon as the confinement ended, I headed straight to my favorite seafood restaurant and had a feast of seafood meal. I have also resumed cooking, albeit in a small way as I am adjusting to motherhood and my new…


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment