Total Pageviews

Friday, November 30, 2012

Cardamom Chicken (Masala Murgh)

Growing up in Malaysia, I was exposed to Indian cuisine since I was little. Both my late parents loved Indian food…their favorite food in the world was nasi kandar, or Indian rice plates made popular by Indian-Muslim in Penang. At home, my mother loved cooking Indian curry: chicken curry, Indian squid curry, or seafood curry.

Everyone in the family enjoys a good pot of fiery hot and spice-laden curry; as the smell and aroma of Indian curry wafting out of the kitchen, we knew that lunch and dinner would be excellent. I also love Indian flat breads, such as naan and roti canai. My father would always pack a slice or two of sweet roti canai for me as a snack or late night supper. Indian food was a staple in our family, and Indian food is also the ultimate favorite for Mr. Rasa Malaysia.

Entice With Spice: Easy Indian Recipes for Busy People

Even though I grew up with Indian food and surrounded by people who love it, I am not an experienced cook when it comes to Indian cuisine. I will be very honest, I still get fennel seeds and cumin seeds mixed up sometimes as they look so similar (in my eyes). So when Shubhra Ramineni, the author of Entice with Spice contacted me, I was excited to check out the cookbook.

This Cardamom Chicken or Masala Murgh picture and recipe caught my eyes when I read through the book. This is the kind of chicken my parents and I would order at our favorite nasi kandar restaurant in Penang: bright red-orange chicken cooked to tender perfection in a blend of spices. I can almost smell the aroma and savor the flavor of the cardamom chicken from the picture, and I have no doubt that it is tantalizing in taste.

If you wish to check out the Entice with Spice cookbook, you can pick up a copy at Amazon.

Get Recipe(Click Page 2 for the Cardamom Chicken (Masala Murgh) Recipe)

Pages: 1 2


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment