Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Labor of Love. Have a great weekend everyone.

Pinch me to remind me that this weekend has finally arrived. Summer is officially ending on the calender, but by looking at all the wonderful produce around me, Summer still wants to hang around for a few more weeks. I’m still loving the tomatoes that keep ripening on the vines and oh our watermelons are just starting to peak and plump out!

I was organizing all the images we captured during our Summer travels and re-lived some incredibly meaningful moments of food, discoveries and new friendships. I stumbled on this particular photo from one of our portrait photography workshops in San Antonio, Texas and it just makes my heart melt.

Meet Alexis, the adorable baby of Katie from Texas Tigers. When I look at adorable Alexis, I just want to eat her cheeks. How can you not want to kiss the heck out of this child?!

For the whole workshop, Alexis was such a good baby, didn’t fuss and was watching everything happening around her with curiosity and wonderment. She absorbed everything happening around her with big blue eyes.

Katie wasn’t the only Mom who brought kids to the workshop. Tara from Pennington Point, Stacey from Kids Stuff World , Colleen from San Antonio Mom Blogs, Michelle from Family Love In My City  along with many other local San Antonio mom bloggers were there with their incredible children as well.

This was the first time Todd and I taught a workshop with so many families in attendance. I absolutely loved seeing these Moms spending the day with their kids and doing what they love together. Watching these multitasking women fulfill their roles as bloggers, photographers, entrepreneurs and Moms inspired me beyond words.

iphone workshop photo assignment: Stacey capturing a moment with her son

Being in a room with humble and hardworking Moms reminds me that it is very possible to do what you love with those you love. Do what you love, work hard at it and great things can happen.

I’m making every effort to continue doing what I love with those I care about.  And being surrounded by all these amazing women make me want to do more of it every minute of the day! Though Todd and I feel very fortunate to be doing work that we love, it’s still so refreshing and inspiring to be immersed in a community that has the same commitment and encouragement.

sharing iphone photos

Back when I was in college, I struggled with choosing a career path that was safe vs emotionally gratifying. As an 18 year old, I didn’t have the understanding yet of how I could pursue a career that made me emotionally happy. But I suppose we all, at some point in our lives, experience this.

It took me a few years of struggling both financially and professionally to finally figure out that letting go of fear and believing in myself would be the starting point to finding success in doing what I truly loved.

” oh is that me?! I can’t look”

Labor doesn’t have to be laborious. I found this out soon after college and chose a career of labor that brought me love. And joy.

So as I enter this weekend of Labor Day, I can’t help but to think of a time of rest with those I love. And if there’s any labor involved, it’s always labor of things that I love with all my heart: like cooking, gardening, Todd and puppies!

Have a wonderful weekend of love everyone,

diane


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment