Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Lobster Roll

Lobster RollLobster Roll pictures (1 of 3)Let’s talk about your favorite summer seafood meals.

For me, it’s simple peel and eat shrimp, lemongrass and Sriracha grilled shrimp or beer-steamed mussels and of course a cool starter like lobster and mango salad. What about all those extra hot dog buns left over from 4th of July? I’m thinking lobster salad again. Nothing fancy, just delicious chunks of chilled poached lobster meat stuffed in a bun with mayo and a little light seasoning. How about Rasa Malaysia’s version of the famous Classic New England Lobster Roll? I may not have the special buns for this classic, but with fresh live lobsters and cooking it right, you’ll definitely get a perfect lobster roll for sure.

Lobster Roll

I made a slight twist using Old Bay Seasoning and a tad butter to poach the lobster as opposed to simple poaching/boiling with only salt water like what it’s usually done for the famous New England Classic Lobster Roll. That, plus I don’t have those special buns for it and don’t know where to get it. All and all, the end result is still worth every penny, I’m happy and I can assure you when lobster’s on sale again, I’ll definitely make more of these delicious lobster roll!

(Click Page 2 for the Lobster Roll Recipe)

Pages: 1 2

Tagged as:

Lobster Yee Mein (Lobster Noodles) Recipe

(Chinese recipes, prepare authentic Chinese food now!) Recently, my neighborhood Asian grocery store had a lobster sale. At $6.99/lb, it was a steal that I couldn’t pass up, so I got myself a 3-lb Boston lobster. When it comes to lobsters, there aren’t that many recipes that I know of. (Previously, I had stir-fried and baked lobster with cheese and…

Matcha Roll (Green Tea Swiss Roll)

After a long hiatus, my baking contributor Siew Loon is finally back in action. She baked us a nice Match Roll, or Green Tea Swiss Roll. Green Tea is widely used in Japanese cuisine, especially in desserts and baking. Get a cup of tea or coffee, sit back, and enjoy! Contributor: Ho Siew Loon I am finally back after a…

California Roll

California roll was the first sushi I attempted when I got my sushi mat many years ago. Even though California roll is an Americanized-version of sushi, many people love it because of the great taste. When I thought about posting the California roll recipe here, Nami of Just One Cookbook immediately came to my mind as she has previously shared…

Hand Roll (Temaki Recipe)

Most people like playing with their food, and hand roll sushi, or temaki sushi is one of the fun and delicious ways to enjoy sushi. Temaki sushi basically means sushi which are hand-rolled, where you assemble the sushi filling of mostly fish or shellfish, and then rolled with nori (seaweed) sheets into hand roll sushi. Hand roll is great for…


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment