Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Garlic Noodles

Garlic NoodlesGarlic Noodles pictures (1 of 4)

About four years ago, I shared my take on the Vietnamese-style garlic noodles made famous by the An family of Crustacean restaurant. Garlic noodles remain my favorite noodle dish all these years, and the recipe is the ones that I have always tried to perfect each time I make the noodles. That’s the fun of cooking—our cooking skills and techniques progress and improve over time, and a good recipe could become an excellent recipe with time if we continue to fine-tune it.

My favorite homemade version is the ones made with yellow noodles, or marketed as “Taiwanese noodles” or “??” in the United States. The noodles are, well, yellow as the name suggests, and they are very oily as each strand of the noodle is  generously coated with oil. Yellow noodles are also commonly found in Malaysia and Singapore as they are used in many hawker food dishes.

After many attempts, I now have a garlic noodles recipe that involves a two-part cooking process. First, making the garlic sauce, and secondly, mixing the blanched noodles with the garlic sauce. I absolutely love this method as I can always make a batch of the garlic sauce and toss the noodles right before serving. This ensures that garlic noodles always taste fresh and delectable, and not soggy or cold. Also, if you are like me, who prefer a heavier and more garlicky taste, you can add some extra garlic sauce to taste.

Garlic Noodles Recipe

You can eat the garlic noodles plain or serve it with my roasted crab recipe. One of these days, I will have to share my grilled prawn recipe to go with these sinfully luscious and delicious garlic noodles!

(Click Page 2 for the Garlic Noodles Recipe)

Pages: 1 2

var Scribol;if(typeof Scribol=='undefined'){Scribol={}; Scribol.frames=[];Scribol.site='http://scribol.com/';Scribol.is_preview=false;}Scribol.frames.push('775964');

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment